Bus Route Changes
Proposed changes to Route 504 and Route 508
Route 504: Anderson and Route 508: Wade Hampton are both proving difficult to operate on time. This is problematic because a late return to the Transit Center keeps all routes from departing on time and these delays continue to increase throughout the day, creating an unreliable schedule for Greenlink customers.
As a result, Greenlink is proposing changes to the routes and is holding four public meetings to give customers a chance to review the proposed changes and provide input. The same information will be shared at each meeting, so customers are encouraged to attend the one most convenient for them:
- Thursday, October 24 – Drop in between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. at the Transit Center (100 W. McBee Avenue, Greenville, SC 29601)
- Monday, October 28 – Drop in between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Taylors Library (316 W. Main Street, Taylors, SC 29687)
- Tuesday, October 29 – Drop in between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the Transit Center (100 W. McBee Avenue, Greenville, SC 29601)
- Wednesday, October 30 – Drop in between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Greenville Memorial Hospital Community Room (701 Grove Road, Greenville, SC 29605)
Individuals who are unable to attend one of the meetings can provide feedback by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 864-298-2753 until November 18.
Effective Thursday, August 29, 2019
Due to safety concerns, Stop 1397: Laurens Rd & Knollwood Dr is being relocated approximately 800 ft. north towards the intersection of Laurens Rd & Innovation Dr.
Effective Saturday, August 3, 2019
In an effort to maintain on-time performance with Greenlink's schedules, the following stops will be serviced by Route 601: Simpsonville Connector instead of Route 510: Laurens beginning August 3, 2019. Customers boarding at these stops can transfer to Route 510: Laurens at the identified transfer location at 25 Old Mill Road. Customers should make sure they let the driver know that they need to transfer between routes 510 and 601.
- Owens Ln & S Main St
- Peachtree Ln & Crestwood Dr
- Cary St & W Butler Rd
- Murray Dr & City Center Dr
- Murray Dr & Hyde Cir
- Miller Rd & Murray Dr
- Miller Rd & Rainbow Cir
- Miller Rd & Oak Park Dr
- Miller Rd & Old Mill Rd
- Old Mill Rd & Devonshire Rd
- 600 Block N Main St
- 503 Block N Main St
- N Main St & White Dr
Additionally, the bus stop at Old Mill Rd & Forrester Dr will be serviced by both 510 and 601.
Route Changes effective July 1, 2019
The results of the Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), which were unveiled in August 2017, included recommendations for a number of bus route changes. As a result, Greenlink held 16 community meetings throughout the months of October and November 2017, sharing information about the proposed route changes and giving the public an opportunity to provide input on the route designs.
Feedback received at the community meetings were incorporated into the routes and the Greenville Transit Authority Board of Directors voted to adopt the new routes in December 2017. The changes will go into effect July 1, 2019.
Maps of the new route designs are listed below. The routes are also viewable in the FindGreenlink app and on TrackGreenlink.com. For questions or comments, call 864-467-4544.
New Maps & Schedules effective July 1, 2019
- Greenlink System Map Effective July 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Route 501: Pleasantburg (PDF)
- Route 502: White Horse (PDF)
- Route 503: Poinsett (PDF)
- Route 504: Anderson (PDF)
- Route 505: Rutherford (PDF)
- Route 506: Woodside (PDF)
- Route 507: Augusta (PDF)
- Route 508: Wade Hampton (PDF)
- Route 509: E North (PDF)
- Route 510: Laurens (PDF)
- Route 601: Simpsonville Connector (PDF)
- Route 602: Woodruff Connector (PDF)