- IFSAC or Pro Board Firefighter II certification meeting NFPA Firefighter II standards
- South Carolina or National Registry EMT-Basic or higher certification is desired. As part of employment requirements, the City of Greenville will require all new hires (that are not an EMT- Basic or higher) obtain certification as an EMT – Basic within one year of employment and maintain certification.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must pass a background investigation to include a clear criminal record
- Must have a steady/reliable work history
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid South Carolina Driver's License
- Must not have any driver's license suspensions during the last 5 years for Driving Under the Influence (DUI), leaving the scene of an accident, reckless homicide, or involuntary manslaughter
- Must not have a record of a felony or criminal domestic violence
- Must not have a record of a crime of moral turpitude or a misdemeanor carrying a possible sentence of more than 1 year
- Must pass pre-employment screenings (drug test, vision, hearing, psychological exam, polygraph, stress, and pulmonary function tests)
- Must be able to work 24 and 48-hour shifts
Download Information about Greenville (PDF)
High School Students: Learn about how you can earn certifications before you graduate!